We love chili on a cold winters day! I serve it in bowls with Frito’s or tortilla chips and shredded cheddar cheese on top. Also adding a dollop of sour cream on top of it all is oh so good!
- ½ lb ground beef (or can use a full pound)
- ½ chopped onion
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped into small pieces
- 2 large can of tomatoes (put in blender for a few seconds)
- 3 cans of beans, drained. The typical bean for chili is kidney beans, but we like to mixed it up with 3 different kinds of beans. I use 1 can light red kidney beans, 1 can northern beans, and 1 can either navy or pinto beans
- 1 packet of McCormick’s Mild Chili mix
Brown ground beef and onion together in a pan.
Then mix in the rest of the ingredients. and simmer for an hour.
It’s ready to eat then, but I like to put it into a crock pot and let it simmer for a few hours.